Health and safety
How healthy is your workplace culture?
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act (2015) employers are legally responsible for ensuring that employees are working in as safe an environment as possible, this includes anyone who is working remotely – on the road, out in the field or working from a home-based office.
Create a healthy work environment
Your employees are possibly your most valuable asset, so it makes sense to take care of people and create a place where they want to work.
Areas that WorkSpace IQ can help you with include:
Workplace assessments and audits
- Workplace and workstation assessments for staff who are in pain or suffer discomfort in the workplace
- Workplace audits for occupational safety and health compliance, including audits for remote workers or employees who spend time on the road
- Assessment of lighting and advice on eliminating problems
- Practical assistance to ensure that your workstations and work spaces are set up correctly at a safe ergonomic level
Induction and staff training programmes
- Induction of new staff to ensure they know how to avoid getting workplace injuries. Training is practical and involves staff. A follow up audit helps in applying the knowledge learnt.
- Education sessions for all staff to ensure they are trained in safe work practices and reminded on a regular basis about keeping themselves safe
- Occupational health and safety training sessions for management staff and supervisors in new staff induction
- Ongoing staff training to manage occupational overuse issues
Help with selection and set up of office furniture and equipment
- Advice on choosing the most appropriate office equipment for individuals, not only for their body size, but also in relation to their roles, ensuring it meets WorkSafe/ACC Guidelines for Using Computers
- Ensuring that you buy the most appropriate furniture and office equipment at a price which fits your budget
- Advice on new office set up, including lighting, desk positions and office flow
We have you covered wherever you work. Book an assessment via Skype.
Even though we work throughout New Zealand, sometimes it’s simply impractical for us to come in and conduct an onsite workstation assessment.
A Skype assessment is a handy way to ensure that if you or one of your team works outside the wider Christchurch region, you can still be well set up wherever you are based.
We look forward to creating a great space at your place. To find out how we can help you and your team enjoy a well planned, healthy work space, or to organise an online consultation – contact us via email or call us on 03 326 5450.